Some of us often think we’re much more civilized than the rest of the world. We treasure culture, highlight the best parts of the Internet…and take selfies. Does that really make us better? Debatable.
But for all the self-indulgent photos we share with our 143 Twitter followers, these 15 are the most unnecessary. They were also all taken in the last 12 months, so these are all recent captures of egotism.
1. They must have been over Colorado.
2. Does this count as being photobombed?
3. Isn’t this the time in the movies where the car blows up?
4. Dental reconstruction isn’t an excuse for a lack of hashtags.
6. “Free-falling” has a whole new meaning.
7. I’m guessing you’re the arsonist.
8. Yes, yes it does.
9. Surviving a plane crash is a one-of-a-kind selfie opportunity.
10. Live selfies…well, alive for a little longer anyway.
11. Is this tweet harmful to others now?
12. This makes for a great baby shoot.
13. Even doctors are self-obsessed.
15. Because why not?
If you want to take things to a new level, you can now buy Selfie Sticks. This means you can take photos from even further away to “pretend” someone else is obsessed with taking photos of you. This may sound awful, but it’s at least better than the guy with the fake girlfriend.