Posting on Facebook often feels like high school. You share something in hopes that people will listen and respond, all in the name of making you feel popular. Sometimes, you even get your wish. After all, people sometimes genuinely respond and care about you.
Most of the time, though, you get one of these 16 epic comebacks. These choice quotes were plucked from the annals of Facebook lore, all in the name of making you think twice before updating your status anytime soon.
1. Blondie smack down.
2. Well, the meter’s running.
3. I wonder who she voted for.
4. Whatever do you mean, my dear?
5. So much for listening to your own advice.
7. Ba da BURN.
8. If wishes and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.
9. And yet you’ve never forgotten.
10. Someone’s holding a grudge.
11. 9 months in the making.
12. Better than watching paint dry, I hear.
13. …and tears into gold.
14. Sadly, Emily STILL doesn’t get it.
15. It’s not like there’s a quota.
16. Be a handyman of life.
The best part about posting comebacks on Facebook is how you have time to think of the perfect zinger. How often does that come up in real life? If it does, you’ll miss it while trying to think of something. (You would, wouldn’t you?)