That is right, all you Mavericks and Gooses (… Geese?), break out your aviator shades, get that volleyball net create, and prepare to fly. Now is Top Gun day, a whole day focused on the Tom Cruise film about a hotshot naval fighter pilot, who is dangerous, trendy, and only trying to find love.
You are likely asking yourself, “Gee, how do I, a regular red blooded American, celebrate this holiday?”
You’ve now, obviously by quoting it. I will educate you on how.
1. When someone declares they inadvertently ate the lunch you brought to work.
2. When you get overly turnt at the pregame and friends and family believe you should remain home.
3. When you think about McDonald’s milkshakes…
4. When McDonalds says they can not give you a milkshake because “the machine is being cleaned.”
5. When you visit a pub that is new and it’s wings all day, for five cents everyday.
6. When someone you despise shows up to your own dog’s Bark Mitzvah.
7. When you are blocking the haters out.
8. When you see it is mating season at the zoo.
9. When you are snuggling with a cat but then it abruptly bolts away.
10. Johnson made it onto the Honor Roll, when someone is bragging about their child being on the Honor Roll and your son.
11. When you can not recall that character from Game of Thrones, who is name is Petyr Baelish, but everyone calls him Littlefinger, and you are requesting your buddy who is into the show what his name is.
12. When you go on a Tinder date, because you used old pictures from when you were ten pounds lighter and your date does not actually understand you, so they softly say your name if you will respond to it to see.
13. If you are going to be hungover tomorrow when your buddy asks.
14. Although your buddy is trying to find work, but can not locate the section in the paper where they are recorded.
15. When you are attempting to convince your friend to go up to do karaoke.